AS136165: The network
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- London, United Kingdom
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Asburn, VA, USA
- Miami, FL, USA (Minor)
Test IP / Looking Glass: https://lg.x4b.net/ (18.104.22.168)
The 20 Questions:
An anycast network is more redundant, and fault resilient than a regular single PoP network. By announcing in multiple distinct locations we gain redundancy against network and server failure. In the events of most interruptions the PoP can fall offline without any interrupting existing connection by way of failover to the next closest PoP (until the failing PoP is restored).
Anycast also allows for an increase in Mitigation capacity (particularly Layer 7) and overall throughput per service.
Is this more complicated than a regular filtered service?
There are a few more knobs available, however we hope to make this as easy to use as our regular services.
Can I point one or more Anycast PoP at a single server?
Yes you can select which Anycast PoP should be forwarding to each defined backend.
Can each PoP communicate with my server direct?
Optionally with GRE Tunnelling you can also choose to have all PoPs pointed at a single backend, and for that backend to communicate with the appropriate PoP all via a single internal IP address; or you can define only a single tunnel (the choice is yours!)
This is an Anycast IP, can I connect out?
We have worked hard to build a solution that is able to function in every way like a regular Remote Protection service. With a GRE tunnel you can make outgoing connections. There may be a small delay for the first few packets while we create an optimized route through the network.
- Redundant internal backhaul, resilient against communication failures
- Internal Mesh network, ingress traffic at one PoP and egress it at another (no complex configuration required!)
- Direct Server Return (DSR) from the first filtering hop wherever possible for minimal latency
- Able to handle all kinds of PoP switches, rejoins and splits without interruption
- Support for tunnels to one or more filtering PoPs (with or without BGP) for redundancy
- China Telecom optimized routes in L.A
- Multihomed w/ Telia and Tinet and Peering
You can make the purchase by going to here